About Tooth Camp
A fear of the dentist is real and can evoke autonomic responses. "Tooth Camp" was created as a holistic approach to support children through oral hygiene routines and visits to the dentist. The tools provided in this curriculum will help adults prepare children for success by:
- Establishing Dental Routines
- Setting Expectations for Oral Hygiene and Trips to the Dentist
- Preparing for Oral Hygiene Experiences in the Home/ Classroom
- Familiarization with Dental Equipment
- Accommodation Suggestions for Sensory Sensitivities
- Providing Play-based “Dental” Activities
- Role-play & Practice of Routines & Procedures from the Dentist's Office
- Suggested Behavior Management Techniques and/ or Self-Regulation Skills
- Pictures, Schedules and Objects of Real Dental Equipment
- And so Much More!
After working through traumatic dentist experiences with my own child, we decided to create this curriculum to guide and support other parents and professionals. We hope that Tooth Camp provides caregivers with the the confidence to help children overcome the fears associated with the dentist. This program was created for ALL children of ALL abilities!