What is Tooth Camp?:
"Tooth Camp" was created as a holistic approach to support children through oral hygiene routines and visits to the dentist. The tools provided in this curriculum will help adults prepare children for success by:
- Establishing Dental Routines
- Setting Expectations for Oral Hygiene and Trips to the Dentist
- Preparing for Oral Hygiene Experiences in the Home/ Classroom
- Familiarization with Dental Equipment
- Accommodation & Suggestions for Sensory Sensitivities
- Providing Play-based “Dental” Activities
- Role-play & Practice of Routines & Procedures from the Dentist's Office
- Suggested Behavior Management Techniques and/ or Self-Regulation Strategies
- Pictures, Schedules and Objects of Real Dental Equipment to Discuss & Manipulate
- So much More!
Who Benefits from Tooth Camp?:
Anyone & Everyone can implement "Tooth Camp." We created this program to be user friendly for parents, caregivers, dentists, parents, teachers and therapists.